Hey there, I’m Sam.
Most days you can find me hanging out with my pups and husband, being active in theatre, and nerding out over Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Harry Potter (Hufflepuff, here!). I’m mostly known for my local involvement in theatre and music, and people often refer to me as “that girl who plays all those instruments”. I love serving the world by visualizing the romance, adventure, and fun of all you travelers, wanderers, and lovers of all things “off the beaten path”.
Things I’m most passionate about are: old country music like Red Sovine, Marty Robbins, Roy Rogers, Lorne Green, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard and Irish/Celtic pub songs – my husband calls me the youngest old lady he knows. I also LOVE to travel, and learn new languages.
I photograph people who have a desire to incorporate scenery, adventure, travel, and candidness into their images. I’m lucky to capture them in their true element, where they are absolutely their most beautiful!
As a photographer, I’ve been featured in several online/print publications, and am a sponsor of my local theatre company.
When I’m not busy working on photography, marketing, and planning my next wanderlust trip, I am most likely cuddling with my dogs, trying to not rescue every stray animal I see on the internet, and figuring out when the next episode of my favorite show is coming out.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me:
- I play several different woodwind instruments, but can’t play stringed instruments to save my life!
- I studied French for 7 years, and lived in France for 6 months.
- I wish I loved to run – or at least jog.
- Most days I don’t wear makeup.
- I feel most alive when I’m exploring the world.
- BONUS: I used to compete in the equestrian disciplines of show jumping, cross country and dressage
Still here? Let’s connect! Fill out the contact form below – I can’t wait to hear from you!